Thursday 23 October 2014

Lady Van Tassel's dress from Sleepy Hollow (1999)



I saw this dress at the Celebrity Treasures exhibition at Redcar, this was my favourite piece from the exhibit because of the amazing detail in all the different sections.



In the exhibit there weren't any photo's of the costumes or props in play so I found this photo from Google, while searching this specific dress from the film I came across the other costumes in the film that I've never fully appreciated. So here I am appreciating them now... 


The costumes were designed by Colleen Atwood in this film she was nominated for a BAFTA and won for Best Costume Design and also nominated for an Academy Award. She also designed for Chicago in 2002 and Alice in Wonderland and won awards for those as well as others but these two were my favourites!


No comments:

Post a Comment